The GNI Board Needs You!
GNI thrives on the work of its volunteers, whether it is a couple of hours at The Gathering, hosting an evenings' entertainment, serving on a committee or on the Board of Directors. All of these volunteer positions represent a commitment to the success of GNI and our annual events. One way of giving back is to serve as a GNI Board member. Board members are crucial to GNI's success. Besides their work related to our annual events, they are the glue that keeps GNI working from year to year. The GNI Board has five members with staggered, three-year terms. In 2020, two (2) Board positions will be up for election. These positions will serve a three (3) year term beginning at the end of The Gathering in August.
If you have ever thought of joining the Board, now is the time! Don't assume that we already have enough candidates to fill these two spots. GNI benefits when there is a competitive election, so throw your name into the hat!
The qualifications of candidates for Board membership include:
1. Membership in good standing for at least one year.
2. Must have attended at least one (1) GNI Gathering, NakedFest, or Australia event.
3. Must have shown active participation in advancing the vision and mission of GNI through volunteer and/or committee work to benefit the organization, active participation in GNI-sponsored events and/or other evidence of the promotion of gay naturism.
Board members serve a term of three (3) years. Responsibilities of Board members include:
1. A three-day, mid-winter meeting usually held in late October / early November.
2. Membership and active participation in one or more committees.
3. Availability for Board meetings prior to and during The Gathering, NakedFest and/or Australia.
4. Tasks and responsibilities during and after The Gathering, NakedFest, and/or Australia.
5. Monthly board teleconference calls.
6. Reliable e-mail, Internet, and mobile phone service (text capable).
While there is a significant commitment of time and energy, there are many rewards in working with a dedicated group of individuals who have the health and welfare of GNI in their hearts and minds.
Do you have questions? Contact GNI at email@example.com.
If you are interested in running, e-mail the following to the Business Office (firstname.lastname@example.org), by April 1, 2020:
1. A short biography indicating your reasons for running for the Board, and
2. A shirtless headshot (or indicate that your profile picture in the GNI member directory is sufficient).
Or mail to (must be postmarked by April 1):
5175 W Ajo Hwy #A-14
Tucson AZ 85735-9723 / USA
Your electronic ballot will be available by mid-April and will be due June 1, 2020. Our voting is done by e-ballot, so please check to make sure that your GNI profile and e-mail address are up-to-date, you've added GAYNATURISTS.ORG and email@example.com to your safe senders list, and your spam filters allow electronic communications from GNI. Only GNI members in good standing at the time of the election are eligible to vote so be sure to keep your membership active and don't let it lapse.
Results of the election will be announced shortly after June 1.
GNI Election Committee
"Life is Great; Live it Nude!"