Great Barrier Reef & Daintree National Rainforest Tours
GNI is super excited to announce the details of our two excursions planned during GNI Australia, February 21 – 28, 2019! We’re heading “down under” and hope you join us, too! There is still time to register and we have availability so if you’re looking to get out of the frigid cold of the northern hemisphere, we’re going to be having heaps of fun in the southern tropics. Take a look at these excursions; these are only two of the exciting activities we have planned throughout the week!
Click here to Register!
FULL DAY OUTER REEF (GREAT BARRIER REEF) - PRIVATE CHARTER
Great memories are built on great experiences. Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef is one of the most incredible experiences a person can enjoy. With much of the reef’s color and marine life visible within a couple of meters of the water’s surface, snorkeling offers all swimmers, regardless of their skill level, the opportunity to see this diverse eco-system up close. Giant clams, stingrays, Maori wrasse, cods and colorful parrotfish, are just some of the hundreds of species you will encounter during your visit.
· 1.5 hour journey to the outer Great Barrier Reef
· Visiting three reef sites on either Agincourt or Opal Reefs
· New and comfortable vessels with ample exterior and interior seating
· Morning & afternoon tea
· Tropical cold buffet lunch
· Filtered water, tea and coffee are available all day (please note: hot drinks will not be served while vessel is traveling)
· All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, Lycra suits or wetsuits, flotation devices and prescription masks)
· Guided snorkel tour
· Interpretive reef talk
· Return bus transfers from Turtle Cove
· Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (the vessel is not licensed but you can BYO alcohol)
· Scuba Diving
ITINERARY: (based on visiting 3 reef sites)
· 7.45am – depart Turtle Cove
· 8:15am - Board vessel at Crystalbrook Marina Port Douglas: Once guests board the vessel, they are asked to remove their shoes (and place them either in an allocated shoe container on board or in their own bags) and are fitted with a mask, snorkel and fins.
· 8:45am - Vessels depart Crystalbrook Marina. Guests are welcomed on board, an outline of the day announced and safety briefing conducted by the crew
· 10:15am - Arrive at first reef site. Divers will be briefed while travelling to the reef. Once moored, divers are ready to go while all other guests are joined together for a snorkel briefing. Morning tea is served before moving to our second reef site
· 11:55am - Second reef site. Snorkeling and diving available. Lunch is served and an interpretive reef talk is conducted by one of the crew. Guests can join in on a guided snorkel tour.
· 1:40pm - Third and last reef site for the day. Snorkeling and diving available. Afternoon tea is served.
· 2:45pm - Vessels depart outer Great Barrier Reef
· 4:15pm - Arrive back at Crystalbrook Marina Port Douglas & transfer back to Turtle Cove
The tour provides professional supervision and tuition with a comprehensive snorkeling safety brief and guided snorkel tour. Flotation devices such as noodles or life jackets and in water assistance is provided, catering for first time snorkelers. All snorkeling equipment is provided. Bring extra beach towels.
FULL DAY DAINTREE RAINFOREST TOUR – PRIVATE CHARTER
We will depart Port Douglas to the incredible World Heritage Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation. Known as the oldest living rainforest in the world at 160 million years, your day consists of spotting crocodiles in the wild, marveling at the beauty of the area from Alexandra Lookout, sampling delicious tropical fruit ice creams and taking in the rainforest from the forest floor with informative rainforest walks. The guides have extensive naturalist experience (note: not naturist) in this amazing area and enjoy sharing these natural wonders with you. If you're lucky, you may just spot a cassowary.
- Experienced guide
- Pick up & drop off from Turtle Cove
- Comfortable vehicles with air-conditioning and large windows for great visibility
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Cruise – 1 hour cruise
- Guided Rainforest Walk
- Alexandra Lookout – view the mouth of the Daintree River & the Coral Sea
- Cape Tribulation Beach – where the rainforest meets the reef
- Daintree Ice-cream factory (optional ice-cream at own expense)
- Mossman Gorge
- Morning Tea
- Insect repellent
- Onboard library
- Applicable National Park Fees
· Ice-cream at the Ice-cream company
· Additional drinks at lunch
· 7:15am - Guests are collected from Turtle Cove
· 8:00am - Mossman Gorge. Guests explore the spectacular rainforest so close to Port Douglas
· 10:15am - Cape Tribulation
· 10:45am - Morning tea
· 11:30am - River cruise on Cooper Creek
· 12:45pm - Arrive at lunch location and possibility for a swim in the creek. Time and weather conditions permitting
· 2:00pm - Daintree Ice Cream Company - guests may purchase a tropical fruit ice cream at their own expense
· 2:20pm - Walk through one of the pristine boardwalks in the Daintree National Park
· 3:10pm - Arrive back at The Reef Marina
If you’re in the United States, the US dollar is strong which makes this event much more affordable. You can also still find some good deals on flights to Australia, but don’t delay in making those arrangements now before all of the good deals are gone! See you “down under!”