By Seth Paronick - GNI Member
The Naturist Action Committee (NAC) and the associated Naturist Education Foundation (NEF) are coming to NakedFest, and GNI is delighted to (re)introduce them to you!
NAC advances and protects the rights and interests of naturists throughout North America and supports the responsible recreational nude use of public lands. NEF is dedicated to improving the awareness of naturism and body acceptance among both naturists and non-naturists and to achieving an understanding and acceptance of naturists and their activities throughout North America. NAC is the political adjunct, and NEF is the informational and educational adjunct, to The Naturist Society Foundation, from which GNI originated.
Learn about and support NAC and NEF at NakedFest! Here's how:
(Click/tap on each link below for details. Links will open up and provide details in the 2021 NakedFest app.)
- Join in NAC's Social Hour, Legally Nude, on Friday, August 20th, at 8:30 p.m. in the Main Gym (Add it now to your 2021 NakedFest app schedule so you don't forget!) It is hosted by Jim Dickey, NAC/NEF Board Secretary.
- Participate as a donor and/or bidder in the annual NAC Silent Auction. (Add it now to your 2021 NakedFest app schedule so that you don't forget!) Do you have a lamp, book, DVD(s), frame, art object, or other surplus items in excellent condition? Instead of selling it at a yard sale, bring it to NakedFest and donate it to the auction. Proceeds benefit NAC. Drop off donated auction items at the GNI Business Office during posted hours, but no later than Wednesday, August 25th, at 10 a.m. The auction takes place on Thursday, August 26th, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Crafts Tent area, across from the dining halls.
- Attend any of NAC's eight(!) workshops on current and potential challenges and opportunities facing naturist interests in North America. (Add each one now that you want to attend to your 2021 NakedFest app schedule so that you don't forget!) They are led by Bill Schroer, Chairman of the NAC Board of Directors, morning through early afternoon on Thursday and Friday (with a two-hour break for lunch) and morning only on Saturday, August 26th-28th.
- Hear the brief NAC/NEF Update Speech in the Auditorium on Thursday, August 26th, around 8:30 p.m. (Add it now to your 2021 NakedFest app schedule so that you don't forget!) It takes place just before the Mr. GNI Contest.
- Donate directly to NAC and/or NEF. Drop off a check made out to Naturist Action Committee or Naturist Education Foundation at the GNI Business Office during posted hours or donate online via the above links. (You can do the latter whether or not you attend NakedFest). Donations to NAC are not tax-deductible because it engages in political lobbying, but donations to NEF, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, educational and charitable foundation, are tax-deductible in most cases. Consult your tax professional for advice.
Download NAC/NEF flyer
- Donate in kind to the NEF Research Library. If you have any historic club newsletters or other archival materials specifically about or pertaining to social nudity and they are in good condition, consider bringing them with you or send them to NEFRL.